Congratulations to Sara Sukenik for winning first place in the graduate division of the 2016 International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) Student Poster Competition held in Atlanta, GA on September 18-21, 2016! Sara qualified to compete at the international level by first winning the San Francisco Bay Area ISPE chapter’s local competition. Her winning poster was titled “Modeling Monoclonal Antibody Production in Nicotiana Benthamiana Plant Cell Suspension Culture”. Sara is a Ph.D. candidate in Biomedical Engineering with a Designated Emphasis in Biotechnology and is advised by Professor Karen McDonald in the Department of Chemical Engineering.
- Oybek Kholiqov wins Edmund Optics 2016 Educational Award
- Sara Sukenik wins 1st in ISPE Poster Competition.
- Professor Sue Stover receives AVMA Lifetime Excellence in Research Award
- Chris Chapman receives NSF GROW award.
- Rafael Shimkunas receives NIH Predoctoral Grant Award
- Professor Erkin Seker selected as BMES Young Innovator
- Jeni Lee receives 2016 Zuhair A. Munir Award
- BMEGG Student Research Conference 2016
- Jeff Lu receives 2016 Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award
- Jarrett Link receives 2016 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.