- FUNDING ALERT: NINDS R01 – Studying subcortical pathology in mouse models using Optical Coherence Microscopy The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) has awarded Dr. Srinivasan a 5-year R01 to to develop, validate, and apply new optical microscope technology for the study of subcortical pathology, non-invasively, in the living mouse brain. The funding runs from 1st September 2015 to 31st August 2020.
- FUNDING ALERT: UC Davis Alzheimer’s Disease Pilot Project Program The UC Davis Alzheimer’s Disease Center in conjunction with the National Institute of Aging has awarded Dr. Srinivasan funding under the Pilot Project Program. This pilot grant will begin July 1st 2015 and end on June 30th 2016.
- Postdoctoral Position in Biomedical Optics We have an opening for a postdoctoral researcher with a background, expertise, and interests in one or more of the following areas: biomedical optics and light-tissue interaction, medical signal and image processing, fiber optics / photonics technologies, and microscopy. See the full job listing here: http://bme.ucdavis.edu/srinivasanlab/jobs/
- Scientific American MIND Blog An invited commentary on the advantages and potential of OCT in brain imaging research was published today on the Scientific American MIND Blog. The article can be found here.
- Recent Neuroimage paper featured on OCT News Our paper on laminar cortical microvascular hemodynamic measurements in the rat somatosensory cortex using OCT methods was published in Neuroimage. This work was also featured on the OCT News website ‘Feature of The Week‘ on September 14th 2014.
- Feature in Science Daily and Medical Physics Web Our work on the development of a visible-light spectral-domain OCT system was featured in Science Daily and Medical Physics Web.
- Cover of Biomedical Optics Express Our recent paper was featured on the cover of Biomedical Optics Express!
Here is the animation.
- Featured on Biomedical Picture of the Day An image from our recently publication in PLoS One was featured on the Biomedical Picture of the Day website.
- PLOS One paper published Our new paper on longitudinal imaging of brain injury was published in PLOS One! See our publications page for all other publications.
- Two new publications Two papers were recently published by our group. The first paper in Biomedical Optics Express was also included in Spotlight on Optics.
The second paper was published in the Journal of Biomedical Optics. See our publications page for all other publications.