Biomedical Engineering Entrepreneurship Academy
June 27-July 1, 2011 @ UC Davis
The inaugural BMEA takes place June 27-July 1, 2011 in partnership with the UC Davis Partnerships for Innovation and the Biomedical Engineering department at UC Davis.
The academy is a five-day immersion program integrating lecture, exercises, and team projects. Biomed engineering researchers work within teams to identify, design, and validate new business opportunities. Sessions are taught by venture capitalists, angel investors, entrepreneurs and industry executives.
The academy includes:
• a five day intensive on exploring the market opportunities surrounding your ideas and your research
• daily seminars and interactive sessions taught by leading venture capitalists, angel investors, and entrepreneurs
• the tools to communicate the broader potential of your research and develop a presentation pitch about your idea
• a networking dinner with industry sponsors, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and angel investors, focused on biomedical engineering
• evening mentoring sessions with industry executives and investors in the biomedical engineering arena
• opportunity to develop a network of professionals in the biomedical and bioengineering fields who can help mentor and connect you as you move forward with your career or new venture
We accept individual applicants and team applicants. If you are working with several researchers on your technology, we encourage you to apply as a team.
Deadline to apply: May 20.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Enrollment and Tuition
• The workshop is open to upper division undergrads, graduate students, post-doctoral researchers and faculty in science and engineering.
• Open to applicants from any university.
Non-refundable due upon acceptance to BMEA.
• $150: University students, postdocs and faculty lodging; Includes course, materials, and dining for the week. Payment due upon acceptance to the program.
• Corporate Rate: $2000
UCOP Research Opportunity Award
For more information
Charla Kordana, Program Manager