Welcome to the Department of Biomedical Engineering. This page is designed to ensure our incoming students are aware of their next steps in the orientation process. Please read through all of the information on this page prior to contacting a BME Advisor.
Step 1: Complete Aggie 101
- Access Aggie 101
- Before learning about the College of Engineering, and the BME Department, learn more about UC Davis and the resources available to you.
Students may access the Aggie 101 modules:
First Year Students: Beginning May 3rd
Transfer Students: Beginning June 7th
Please click here for additional information.
Step 2: Complete Canvas Module for the College of Engineering
- Accessing Canvas Module
- These modules will delve more into the academic side of orientation. They will mainly cover how to enroll in courses, what to consider for your first schedule in Fall and how to determine your transfer credit/AP/IB Scores.
You may begin accessing these modules after completing Aggie 101.
First Year Students: Beginning May 10th.
Transfer Students: Beginning June 14th.
Click here for additional information.
Step 3: Attend the BME Department Orientation
We want to make sure you get all the information you need to begin Fall classes with confidence. To do that, your advisor encourages you to come prepared with any questions you may have. The following tips will help you get ready.
- Click through our LinkTree to learn about our department
- BME Advising has created an interactive LinkTree that covers many of the common questions new students have regarding our major and department. You may access this information by clicking here.
- BME Orientation Dates
- The First Year Orientation will provide an overview of BME, review GE guidelines, and host an engineering team challenge. The Transfer Orientation will focus on research opportunities and connecting with current junior/senior students.
Transfer Students - Thursday, September 21 @ 1:30pm - 3pm
First Year Students - Sunday, September 24 @ 1pm - 2:30pm
The locations of these events will be shared closer to the date listed above.
Aggie Live Registration Support, Freshmen
- August 11 & 14 from 8 - 11:00 am and 1 - 3 pm PST
- Click here to join
Aggie Live Registration Support, Transfer
- August 15 & 16 from 8 -11 a.m. and 1- 3 pm PST
- Click here to join
- Check your UC Davis email for important announcements and reminders.
- For computer recommendations for engineering students, please click here.