UC Davis offers a wide range of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) / health and wellness resources for all members of our BME community. We have organized some of the main resources below into different categories according to whether you are an undergraduate student, graduate student, postdoctoral researcher, staff member, or faculty member. We appreciate any feedback or any resources you might suggest adding to our list.
The best starting place for everyone exploring DEI resources offered through UC Davis is the DEI office website. On this website, you can find many important resources including:
- An executive summary of their Strategic Vision, which our group is also using to help guide our efforts in DEI.
- A list of diversity courses offered by the DEI office. These are offered via Zoom and can be registered for through the Learning Management System (LMS).
- “Living the Principles of Community” is available as an online course here.
- The Resources for Racial Trauma page gives an excellent resource list for self-education, racial trauma healing, getting involved in anti-racist work, and more.
UC Davis Centers for Students
- Women’s Resources and Research Center
- Center for African Diaspora Student Success
- Cross Cultural Center
- LGBTQIA Resource Center
- Student Disability Center
- AB540 and Undocumented Student Center
- Center for Chicanx and Latinx Student Success Center
- Native American Academic Student Success Center
- Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS)
- Student Recruitment and Retention Center
- Women’s Resource and Research Center (WRRC)
Clubs and Organizations for Students
- Biomedical Engineering Society (undergraduate BME students)
- Biomedical Engineering Student Association (graduate BME students)
- UC LEADS: Leadership Excellence Through Advanced Degrees
- Tau Beta Pi (honor society)
- Greek Life - see our compiled list
- Cultural and identity-based organizations - see our compiled list
- STEM organizations - see our compiled list
- National organizations - see our compiled list
Suggested DEI-related Elective Courses for Undergraduates
- African American and African Studies (AAS 010, AAS 015, AAS 050, AAS 053, AAS 080)
- American Studies (AMS 012, AMS 095)
- Asian American Studies (ASA 001-004)
- Chicana/Chicano Studies
- Community and Regional Development
- Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies
- Human Rights Studies
- Native American Studies
Graduate Student and Post-Doc Resources
- COVID-19 | UC Davis Graduate Education Guidance
- Problems and Dispute Resolution
- Mental Health and Counseling Services
- Resources for Racial Trauma
- Disability and Accommodations
- UC Davis Resource Guide for Graduate Students
- Grad Studies has also compiled a useful list of DEI-related resources for both graduate students and postdoctoral researchers.
Staff and Faculty Resources
- Human Resources has a useful compilation of courses and resources for employees and supervisors.
- Academic Affairs offers helpful resources for faculty diversity and equity.
- The Center for Educational Effectiveness offers trainings and resources for instructors to think about DEI issues in the classroom.