We're Here to Help
As Academic advisors, we partner with each student to provide assistance that will equip and challenge them to develop a personalized, and practical educational plan which will enable them to envision, foster and build a foundation to work towards their academic and professional goals.
We listen to questions and concerns •Provide a safe and inclusive space •Guide exploration of curriculum •Help with timely degree progress •Encourage, guide and support development of realistic goals and educational plans •Provide information and strategies for utilizing university resources and services •Help with career goals. •Maintain confidentiality.
For more on student milestones and recommendations, please reference our Advising Syllabus.
The BME Undergraduate Advisor assists students with course selection, schedule planning, hold removal, degree checks, GE advising, research positions, and planning for graduate/professional school, for internships and for careers as well as general advice. LEADR, AvenueE, International students, and students with a grade lower than a C- or on academic probation must meet with the Undergraduate advisor. appointments.ucdavis.edu. M-F, 9 - 5. Currently remote due to Covid.
The Peer Advisor helps with course selection, schedule planning, hold removal and general advice for First Year students. There is no peer advising during finals, holidays or summer. Drop in hours change quarterly. Currently suspended due to Covid.
Faculty Advisors in each specialization are available for specific questions regarding elective courses, research opportunities, graduate school and careers.
- All advising hours will be held remotely, via Zoom in 2021-2022.
- P/NP Guidelines have been updated, click here for more information.
- 2022-23Course Schedule has been posted and can be accessed here.
- Tutoring resources for BME students can be found here.
- Need a place to study? Click here
To ensure that Engineering students meet with their undergraduate advisor at least once per year, an advising registration hold is placed on a student’s record.
To clear these advising holds, students must meet with their advisor before the deadline assigned to their year group:
- First Years, First term transfers - before December 10, 2021
- Second Years - before June 9, 2022
- Third Years - before March 18, 2022
- Fourth Years and Beyond - before March 18, 2022
In preparation for your appointment, please save a draft Academic Plan for the next 3 quarters in Oasis. Uncleared holds will affect registration and schedule changes the day they go into effect.
The College of Engineering Undergraduate Office (EUO) in 1050 Kemper Hall also has staff advisors available Monday through Friday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Currently available via Zoom https://ucdavis.zoom.us/my/expressadvising
- Degree checks and certification
- Options for managing academic difficulty
- Dismissal appeals
- Transfer evaluation, credit, course equivalencies
- Minimum progress
- General education
- Concurrent/simultaneous enrollment
- Pre-graduate advising